Friday, August 24, 2012

Dorm Room Decorating

Happy Friday! I am so excited about this post! As you all know I am getting ready to move away for College and I'm so stoked! So, I made a few things to go along with my dorm! 


 This pillow is made from a fat quarter. It was sooo easy and I love the size. 

This is a poof I recovered. I bought one at a yard sale for only one dollar and the original cover was cute but, it was stained. So, the orange and white fabric you've been seeing is actually a duvet cover from Ikea. 

I also covered the body pillow you see in the same fabric. I didn't sew that one I just twisted it on so if I wanted to I could use it for other things.

 Linking up to Fireflies and JellybeansA Creative PrincessThe Shabby Creek CottageKatie's Nesting SpotPositively Splendid,Classy ClutterShaken TogetherHomemaker In HeelsSix Sisters' StuffYoung and CraftyTatertots And JelloFamily Ever After,Be Different, Act NormalThe Crafted SparrowNap Time CraftersJust Us FourBacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo,Serenity NowFive Days Five WaysJoy in the JumbleI Heart Nap TimeSew Many WaysSew Can DoCraftOManiacKeeping it SimpleDestination CraftThe Southern InstituteLolly Jane BoutiqueThe Little GigglerToo Much Time on My HandsNaptime DelightsWatch Out, Martha!Home Stories A to ZSugar Bee CraftsCrafty Texas GirlsThe Kurtz CornerCherished BlissNatural NestersThe Winthrop ChroniclesString Town HomeThe DIY DreamerUncommonSew Much Ado, Tales of A Trophy WifeMy Girlish WhimsFabric Bows and MoreThe NY Melrose FamilyThe Sasse LifeWe Like to Learn as We GoTutus and Tea PartiesThe Crafty Blog StalkerKatie's Nesting SpotSinging Three Little Birds

7 comments:

Crystelle Boutique said...

Wow! Your dorm room i going to ROCK!!!
I like the shape of that yellow pillow too...
Enjoy collage and study hard!
:)
Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com

Unknown said...

So cute! I have that same orange duvet cover but we aren't using it for anything, maybe I can do this too!

Thanks for linking up to the CHQ Blog Hop - see you again next Tuesday!

Ivy & Co said...

great colors!

Jennifer Lynn said...

It's such a great idea to use a duvet cover for its fabric! Too bad Ikea doesn't carry that cover anymore - love it!

Anonymous said...

I love all of those fabrics together! Your dorm room is going to look so much more fabulous than mine did! :P

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Beautiful fabrics to brighten up a dorm! Love it!

popcosmo said...

You are definitely going to have the cutest dorm room!! WOW!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com