Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mothers Day Gift

 I know this is early but I just couldn't wait! I had the idea in my head and had to make it right away! I wanted to make my mom something she could use or display in our home. I have learned to crochet and know she would have loved a dish cloth but lets face it, this was more fun. 

My mom is super into they color gray right now and it looks great with yellow! It just so happens that I had some yellow and gray fabric on hand! I paired it with the burlap because I have been seeing so many burlap banners and I just love them!


I cut out the burlap into triangles for the banner. I had some leftover chipboard pennants I used as a template.

Then, I flipped over the fabric I was using for the letters and traced each letter on the back. 


After I traced it I cut it out and put some adhesive dots on the back. They worked really well.


After I cut out all the letters I stuck em' on the burlap! 


I put some twine through and called it finished! 


My mom loved it! I think it turned out great!


I link up to these parties!


4 comments:

Blissful & Domestic said...

I love burlap. This is too cute! Thanks for linking up!

Danielle @Blissful and Domestic

www.blissfulanddomestic.com

April said...

I'm a little obsessed with burlap these days..I love this idea! I'm following you back from Our Lovely Life!

Paula said...

This is very sweet, and I love it :) Thank you for sharing it on my linky party!
I'm your newest follower!
Paula at Welcoming Spirit

Waseem said...

look easy to do...I am not come up with this before.

Send gifts to pakistan

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com